I haven’t blogged in how long? A month and nine days? ARGH. Mind you, there were attempts at writing entries within that timeframe, and I did do a bit of microblogging over @fangirlisms, but none of them ever got past the “Draft” phase. So now I have a gazillion things I want to blog about, and I don’t even know where to start. Let me just throw some of them all up here so that I can get them out of my system:
- Persona 3 Portable - Yeah, I played it and got so addicted to it that I practically zipped through the thing, but I have a ton of save points that I kept on going back to (i.e. the romantic dialogues between the female protagonist and Akihiko or Shinji). I love the female side of the story, especially since the female protagonist is so much more appealing than Zombie!Minato.
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side: 1st Love Plus - I’ve wanted to play this game ever since it came out for Playstation 2 in 2002, but with no English versions of the game, I wasn’t able to…until I found this awesome group of fans who made a translation patch for the DS version of the game. Check it out!
- Le Morte d’Arthur - I kept asking myself why I was tormenting myself by reading something in language so archaic that my grandmother would probably struggle with it, but in the end it was well-worth it. Arthurian myths have pervaded a lot of video games, movies, and other media, and it’s nice to actually know part of the real thing. That, and some of the knights’ antics were so silly that they had me raising my eyebrows and snickering randomly while reading the book in public places.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians - I was iffy about this book series because the first few pages of the first book were a bit off-putting to me (I’m not very fond of whiny tweens, so sue me). But getting past that, I’ve now grown to love the series because it brings back fond memories of my mythology kick in elementary school (I think I borrowed and read all the Greek/Roman mythology books available in my school’s library then, haha).
- Scar Night - This is one of the few books that I picked up at a bookstore without referring to an online review or a testimonial from a friend. I’m almost done with it, and though I do like it for the most part, there’s something about it that is just preventing me from really fangirling over it. I’ll probably figure out what it is when I actually finish the book.
- Dynasty Warriors galore - Been playing Dynasty Warriors 6, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, and Dynasty Warriors Online (closed beta), and I am having a blast. Well, Dynasty Warriors Online isn’t as enjoyable as I thought it would be because the controls are kind of clunky, but it’s fun all the same.
So anyway, that’s just about everything that’s built up for this month. Hopefully I’ll get some momentum out of posting this and start writing some real entries soon.