Some of these news tidbits are old, some of them new… but anyway, here are my reactions to a bunch of things related to Mass Effect 3.
- Shepard starts out on Earth. I’ve wanted to visit Earth since the first game, so I’m excited about that.
Boring BioticKaidan and Racist Woman With Stick Up AssAshley are back as squadmates in Mass Effect 3. I am disappointed , but hope I can get them killed again like in the first Mass Effect.
- Liara is back. I never cared about her, but I never hated her either… so, whatever.
- Tali has been confirmed as a squadmate in Mass Effect 3. Hooray for Tali!
- Garrus has been confirmed as a squadmate in Mass Effect 3. YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! THANK YOU BIOWARE, THANK YOU.
- Is that a KROGAN husk?! Crap.
- Mass Effect 3 release date has been pushed from Holiday 2011 to early 2012. I’m not unhappy with this at all, seeing as how not giving game developers enough time to polish a game turns out *cough-lookatwhathappenedtoDragonAgeII-cough*.
- There will be a smaller selection of squadmates compared to Mass Effect 2. As long as Garrus and Tali are in there, I’m not complaining.
- “[Gameplay] difficulty will be increased.” Shit. “Melee plays a larger role…” Double shit. I love the game, but I never said I was really any good at it! Making it more difficult is just…argh. I may need to practice playing Mass Effect 2 at higher levels of difficulty then. 😐
- Palaven (Turian homeworld) will be in the game. And by in the game we mean it’s a place that Shepard and the squad can visit, not just something Garrus or any other turian mentions off-hand. The quarian, salarian, and asari homeworlds will be new in-game locations as well. Woot!
After I was let down by Dragon Age II, I’m really, really hoping that Mass Effect 3 will be just as great (or even greater than) the other two titles in the trilogy. Please let it be so, BioWare!