What happens when you get the likes of Avicii, Shinichi Osawa, and Kaskade to remix classic Disney songs or create new tracks inspired by Disney movies?
Here’s the full tracklist:
- “Circle of Life” (Mat Zo Remix) – originally by Carmen Twillie & Lebo M., from The Lion King
- “Derezzed” (Avicii “So Amazing Mix” feat. Negin )– originally by Daft Punk, from TRON: Legacy
- “Let It Go” (Armin Van Buuren Remix) – originally by Idina Menzel, from Frozen
- “Roar” (Yogi Remix) – originally by Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso, from Monsters University
- “Partysaurus Overflow” – by BT, inspired by Partysaurus Rex (Toy Story short film)
- “UNKLE Reconstruction” (U.N.K.L.E.) – by Michael Giacchino, inspired by The Incredibles
- “Fall” (Japanese Popstars Remix) – originally by Daft Punk, from TRON: Legacy
- “The Muppet Show Theme” (Shy Kidx Remix) – from The Muppets
- “Hey Pluto!” (Stonebridge Remix) – by Stonebridge, inspired by original Mickey Mouse cartoons
- “Once Upon a Dream” (Trion Remix) – originally by Bill Shirley & Mary Costa, from Sleeping Beauty
- “Main Street Electrical Parade” (Shinichi Osawa Extended Mix) – originally from Disneyland Park
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” (Alfred Montejano Hyper Remix) – originally by Randy Newman, from Toy Story
- “Baby Mine” (Kaskade House Version) – originally from Dumbo
- “Pineapple Princess” (Kinsey Moore Remix) – originally by Annette Funicello, from the album Hawaiiannette
Some other Disney fans are wailing that this whole idea is terrible, but I don’t know – I’m not exactly a fan of this genre of music, but I thought some of the tracks sound pretty good! Kaskade’s Baby Mine, Armin van Buuren’s Let It Go, and Yogi’s Roar are my top favorites. Mat Zo’s Circle of Life, Shinichi Osawa’s Main Street Electrical Parade, and Avicii’s Derezzed are also fun.
As for the rest of the tracks…well, I don’t hate any of them, so I suppose that’s a good thing?